4 to 6 pm
$5.00 per person
Home of: ExecutiveGiftService.com
611 S. Palm Canyon Drive, Suite #1, Palm Springs, 92264
Aside from rosés, I can think of no better category of wine that would serve the desert dweller more enjoyably. The Prosecco grape is grown primarily in the Veneto area of Italy that is northwest of Venice, near the Alps. Many good Pinot Grigios come from this area also. The wine produced from this grape is light, lightly sparkling, refreshing and versatile. It pairs well with many dishes such as seafood with light pasta sauces and is terrific by itself as an apéritif. It should be drunk quite chilled and, given the intense heat of our summers, served over ice poolside. Prosecco is made using the Charmat method rather than the Champagne method. The wine goes through secondary fermentation in pressurized tanks rather than in individual bottles. The shorter tank fermentation is preferable because it preserves the freshness and flavor of the grapes. The flavor profile is citrus, melon, lemon, honey and almonds (usually in the finish).
List price 10.00; our price 8.99
This is a very tasty sparkling wine, though without being overly carbonated. The fruit is soft and pear-like and there are just enough sweet elements to remove the acidic edge one gets from Champagne. Besides making an excellent Bellini cocktail, it mixes well with liqueurs such as cream de cassis to form a Kir.
MIONETTO PROSECCO “IL”
List price 12.99; our price 9.99
The aroma is fruity, reminiscent of pear and citrus with a slightly floral bouquet. The wine is fresh and crisp with apparent apple and peach flavors and contains an alcohol level of only 10.5 percent. This gentle-sparkling wine has garnered a “Best of Tasting” award from the Wall Street Journal and a “Best Buy” recommendation from Wine Enthusiast Magazine.
VILLA SANDI PROSECCO
List price 14.00; our price 10.99
Villa Sandi is an exquisite Palladian-style villa dating back to 1622, located at the foot of the Marca Trevigiana hills, in the Veneto region and represents the combination of art and agriculture which has characterized the Venetian landscape for centuries. This Prosecco is an ideal accompaniment for a variety of cuisines and courses. Whether served as an apèritif, or at the end of a meal, or any course in between, the natural acidity and fresh taste lightly compliments, but never over-powers, a meal. This elegant sparkler achieves a nice balance between sweet, fruit flavors and lively crispness. Look for peach, pear, jasmine, grapefruit and stone that characterize the fruit with a bit of almond bitterness at the finish.
List price 15.00; our price 12.99
This sparkling wine is a pale, golden straw in color. Bubbles are full textured and persistent. On the nose the wine brings fresh citrus with hints of honey and white flowers. The flavor is fresh and clean, with ripe citrus, lemon, green apple, and touches of grapefruit, minerality, and some toast. The finish is light, refreshing, and crisp.
MIONETTO PROSECCO, ORGANICALLY GROWN GRAPES
List price 18.00 our price 14.99
This Organic category Prosecco is made with certified organically-grown grapes. In the vineyard, the grapes are grown without synthetic chemicals and fertilizers. In the cellar, the wine is vinified separately to ensure purity. Reducing the carbon footprint of this wine even further, recycled materials were used for the bottle, label and shipping box. This delightful Prosecco is bright yellow in color. Its perfume of delicate elderflowers leads to an explosion of golden apples on the palate. It weighs in at a mere 11 % alcohol.
MIONETTO PROSECCO SERGIO
List price 24.00; our price 17.99
The blend in this sparkling wine is 70% Prosecco di Valdobbiadene DOC and the other 30% is a blend of Verdiso, Bianchetta and Chardonnay. It honors the traditions of the Veneto winemaking region and the long history of the Mionetto family. Contemporary master vintner Sergio Mionetto produces this wine based on a formula handed down by Francesco Mionetto, who founded the winery. A touch of two old grape varieties, unique to the region, are blended with the area’s finest Prosecco grapes; along with a bit of Chardonnay to add body. The result is a superbly dry, slightly fruity wine with just a hint of acidic crispness. Wine Enthusiast gave the wine a 92 point-rating.