4 to 5:30 pm
$10.00 per person
$5.00 is credited toward purchase of the featured wines below
Today only receive an extra 10% discount!
Home of: ExecutiveGiftService.com
611 S. Palm Canyon Drive, Suite #1, Palm Springs, 92264
Argentine wines continue to lead the pack of value wines from around the world. Much of it has to do with the price of land and therefore the price of the grapes grown on that land. Argentine vineyards can cost around $2000. per acre, while a vineyard in Napa runs above $200,000. Obviously, this has a profound effect on the price of a bottle of Cabernet. There are other mitigation factors, as well, such as American oak (300. a barrel) versus French oak (1000. a barrel). This is why we are constantly amazed at the pricing on the low level wines given their quality. Titan Wines and Spirits has an import hold on some great properties, some of which we will pour on Saturday. Representing the company will be our good friend, Noel Font.
2009 LO TENGO TORRONTÉS, MENDOZA
List price 10.95; our price 9.99; today only 8.99
Argentina’s largest production white wine is the Torrontés. The nose is floral, mainly rose and jasmine with lime fruit as well. Its flavor is very expressive: tart lime, floral, tart peach and tangerine with a clean spicy finish. The well-balanced acidity makes it a wonderful partner with smoked meats, mild to medium-strong cheeses, and seafood. It goes well with spicy food including Thai, as well.
2009 NORTON ROSADO MALBEC MENDOZA
List price 9.95; our price 8.99; today only 7.99
This rosé from Bodega Norton is made entirely in stainless steel to capture the vibrant fresh fruit character. It has a lovely pale red color, and on opening delivers ample aromas of red fruit. Still, the wine remains dry which makes it a versatile accompaniment to a wide range of foods. Or, it is suitable for sitting around the pool and sipping at will.
2009 KAIKEN MALBEC, MENDOZA
List price 11.99; our price 10.75; today only 9.69
In the nose there are notes of ripe fruit with traces of cedar and butterscotch. In the mouth it displays intensity, with strong, fleshy tannins; while at the same time it is juicy and enveloping, leading to a long, persistent finish. A harmonious liaison with the wood makes of this wine a fine example of the Mendoza wine value.
2008 KAIKEN CABERNET SAUVIGNON, MENDOZA
List price 11.99; our price 10.75 today only 9.69
On the nose, it features good complexity where the Cabernet spiciness blends perfectly with mature fruit allowing plum
and cherry aromas to stand out. Its oak ageing contributes by adding complexity and sophistication to the wine. There is a small amount (7%) of Malbec added to the blend which increases the complexity. On the mouthfeel it’s a big wine, but with subtle tannins. To achieve this, 60% of the wine was aged for 8 months on American oak, while the other 40% was not exposed to wood at all. It has a long finish, where fruit flavors dominate and blend perfectly with the sweet notes provided by its oak ageing.
2009 PASCUAL TOSO MALBEC, RESERVE, MENDOZA
List price 19.95; our price 18.50; today only 16.65
On the nose, this Malbec is clean and fruitful. Its aromas are reminiscent of plums and quince with a little touch of elegant oak. The mouth has a mild bouquet of blackberry and licorice fruit that keeps a firm grip through the finish. This thick and burly Malbec has a rich and long finish with smoky accents of vanilla and lingering oak.
2007 BODEGA NORTON PRIVADA, MENDOZA
List price 22.00; our price 19.99; today only 17.99
The grapes for this wonderful wine come from vineyards between 50 and 80 years old, at altitudes above 3000 feet. The wine displays aromas of damp earth, spice box, violets, black cherry and a hint of balsamic. On the palate it is medium-bodied, savory, ripe, and concentrated, revealing good volume and balance with medium-length finish. This tasty effort can be approached now and will age well through 2018. Wine Spectator gave it a 91 points rating.